Design 4 Learning is an education consulting company that works with schools and school districts to envision and create new learning environments. We collaborate with architects and educators to design learning spaces that: engage teachers and students; are rich in technology; mirror professional work environments; transform teacher/student relationships; improve student achievement.
Our work to date has been primarily in high schools and includes both renovation of existing space and new construction.
J. Gonzalez is the principle founder of Design 4 Learning. J. has taught film/video production at the junior high and high school level. He began his work envisioning new technologically-rich learning environments. J. has designed distance learning curriculum for the Museum of Television and Radio. He has a BA in English and an MS Ed: Integrating Technology into the Classroom.
Our process is simple.
- meet with educators to understand curriculum
- review needs based on actual classroom practice
- explore how technology might effect change
- reflect on professional criteria for specific discipline
- bring architects into discussion for design concepts
- specify technology infrastructure
- develop conceptual designs and cost estimates
- identify funding and grant opportunities
- provide project management services
- offer professional development for educators
Design 4 Learning offers a full range of services to educators, schools and school districts. Services include all phases of design and planning for new learning environments, as well as professional development for educators in association with our partners. A selection of our services include:
- design development
- technology assessment and specification
- grant research and writing
- feasibility studies w/ cost estimates
- master facilities planning
- renovation and new construction planning
- DSA submittals
- interior design/space planning
- professional development for educators
- project management
Copyright: Design 4 Learning - September 2004 - All Rights Reserved